Post project sustainability is expected to be achieved through the following:
- Continuing leadership and guidance of the MP
- Strong ownership and leadership of the Gram Panchayat and the village community with role clarity on operation and maintenance of the assets created under the programme.
- Involvement of the private sector in operation and maintenance of bigger assets like sewerage and large water supply schemes.
- Involvement of SHGs in the operation and maintenance of smaller community assets like vermicompost systems, small water supply schemes, nutrition centres, citizen service centres, libraries etc.
- Clear protocols in respect of departmental responsibilities in operation and maintenance to be laid down and agreed upon, upfront at the time of approval of projects under the Plan.