Will make Neemka Shahjahanpur village a model village within a year, says MP Mahesh Sharma

From giving employment to youth to making the village Wi-Fi enabled, were some of the promises made by MP Mahesh Sharma to the villagers of Neemka Shahjahanpur on Sunday afternoon.

Union Minister Mahesh Sharma was accorded a warm welcome at the village located nearly 60 kms from Noida, which he had adopted under PM Narendra Modi’s Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojna. Sharma, who adopted the village three months back further promises to make the village a model village within one year. This means the village will soon have better road connectivity, schools, hospitals, improved drainage facilities, toilets to name a few basic facilities.

This is the first time the minister visited the village after adopting it under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY).The whole village thronged the government middle school in Neemka to see Mahesh Sharma, with a hope of cure for the sufferings of the villagers.

Talking to the villagers he said, “People of Gautam Buddha Nagar have given me so much. It is my time to give it back. We will make this village a model village in a year and others will be developed accordingly. As far as electricity crunch is considered, I know there is a scarcity of electricity in the state. We will try to generate electricity through, biomass and solar.”

However, makeover of the village which has a population of around 4000 will not be easy as it is plagued with damaged or no roads in most of the areas, lack of toilets, ill-maintained Panchayat Ghar, poor drainage system, shortage of electricity to name a few.“The nearby hospital is in Jewar, which is 7-8kms and the college for students is also in Jewar.  It is more difficult for girls to travel in buses to schools. In short, there is no arrangement of hospitals or schools in the village,” Satendra, former head of the village said.

He also said organisations like ASSOCHAM and Birla Institute of management and technology have come forward to volunteer and suggest ways for the development of the village.“A team of 10 management students will do a survey and will try to understand the problems and needs of the people. They will educate villagers on sustainable development and will also help villagers in resolving issues and disputes,” said NN Sharma, Associate Professor, BIMTECH.

On the other hand, ASSOCHAM will offer skill development training in order to employ the youth of the village. Sharma also added that a nine-member team of villagers will be formed who will decide what all work is needed to be done in the village and will also resolve local disputes.

Concluding the gathering, he said, “You have given me a responsibility of three-three cabinets. If not on weekdays, I will surely visit on weekends. Most importantly, I need your support to change the blueprint of this village.”

Link to Original news

Login or Signup to post a comment